Monday, May 13, 2013

Oris Crystal cal. 705

Oris Crystal Mechanical Watch



The Oris watch factory was founded by Paul Cattin and Georges Christian at Hölstein (Basel-Country) in 1904. This 100 plus years old manufacturer only produces mechanical movements. 
One afternoon in 2005, was very tiring of work, so I decided to take a break by walking to the neighbouring watch shop. There I saw this Oris Crystal female watch. This is by far, the cheapest Oris I ever encountered. For a brand new unit, it set me back RM350. This must be from the 1980's. 






This beautiful watch is powered by Cal. 705 with 7 jewels. It has a frequency of 21,600 bph. 




Word of advise, always take time off from work and you never know what wonderful thing you may encounter. This watch is actually for my missus. I actually bought a couple of watches for her. The beauty is she never has the habit of wearing a watch. So all the watches are in minty condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment