Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mickey Mouse

Remember the tune from my black and white TV set back in 1970's.... M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E .... Yeap the icon of my childhood and so many other kids of different generation....


This watch is actually purchased by my wife.... This is actually a Seiko made mickey mouse watch with model no: 5000-7000. It was made in 1973 by Seiko Suwa factory. This Mickey Mouse watch uses 50C movement.50C is a manual winding 17 jewels that is still running strong and keeping good time now. All part of this watch is of original except the band is an aftermarket.





The back case showing the model number and all parts of the case is made of stainless steel.
 
This watch is feature in page 167 of The Seiko Book
 

The Seiko watch company stopped producing seiko Mickey Mouse watches in the 1980's. This has made the seiko disney watches highly collectible.  


3 comments:

  1. how much was it when u bought that watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was around USD150... I can't recall correctly.... My fault for no keeping proper recording.... sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. and sorry for the late reply...

    ReplyDelete