Monday, December 15, 2014

One of the rarest Titoni Cosmo King around: Mother of Pearl


What is yours... will always be yours! 
Titoni Cosmo King 777

Have not bragged about Titoni for a while. The other day, my watchmaker friend was showing me a rare Titoni's dial of Mother of Pearl with stones setting for Titoni gold or two tones (Gold and Stainless steel) Cosmo King. That reminded me that I have a Titoni Cosmo King Stainless Steel with the same dial.....


Be very honest about it, I had seemed this watch in a shop's cabinet for years. Somehow or another, it didn't trigger my interest. So how did it end up in my humble collection? One day I was visiting that watch shop with a close friend. That friend took interest with the watch and asked the shop owner to reserve the watch for him. A year or so passed, one day, the shop owner called me and asked whether my friend was going to pick it up..... So I quickly called my friend and asked him whether he was going to pick up that watch. The response was "Yea yea yea..... I am going later!" So I presumed problem solved.  


Months passed.... One morning, I was casually visiting that watch shop with my wife. I was a bit dumbfounded that my friend had not collected this Cosmo King. My wife asked the owner for a look of the watch and decided to buy it for me.


This is the contemporary model of Cosmo King 777 for gentlemen. It is measuring 38mm in diameter with 10mm thickness. The whole watch: its case and its bracelet is make of high grade stainless steel. The beauty of this particular watch lies in its Nacre dial. Nacre is also known as mother of pearl, is an organic-inorganic composite material produced by some molluscs as an inner shell layer; it is also what makes up the outer coating of pearls. It is strong, resilient, and iridescent. This dial is further decorated with 10 swarovsky stones.


The silver coloured hands are highly luminous. This watch is protected with sapphire crystal surrounded by an engraved bezel. The modern model of Titoni Cosmo King has a screw down crown with a simple form of Titoni plum blossom mark on it.


The stainless steel case and its bracelet are solid and well polished. It is quite comfortable for daily wear. 


The bracelet is locked with a double push buttons release buckle that is signed with Titoni. 


This watch uses the ever faithful in-house assembled ETA 2834-2 movement. ETA 2834-2 is a 25 jewels automatic movement that has an amplitude of 28,800 bph. It also has a power reserve of 38 hours.


At the back is a nicely decorated stainless steel screw down case back. A plum blossom is engraved at the center with the words Titoni of Switzerland encircling it. This watch is water resist to 10 ATM or 100 meters. 


 

One word of caution with this contemporary model of Titoni is that there is a lot of replicas out there. It is quite hard to tell the different in time. I had seem some even with refurbished Titoni's original movement.


I would advice to buy from a trusted authorized dealer or direct from a Titoni boutique. Try to avoid buying it from the internet and stay away from used or second hand Titoni of this recent model. 


My photo taking skill is horrible, I do not do this mother of pearl dial justice at all......



HERE to have a look of my Titoni Cosmo King's Collection !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment