Monday, September 13, 2010

Rare Titoni World Time

Titoni World Time 

I have hard time to find information about this watch. It is not even in Titoni 90th years anniversary book and the internet search is also disappointing. I bought this watch from India..... This watch is running on ETA 2788 movement with 25 jewels with frequency at 21600A/h. ETA 2788 was produced in between 1969-1982, therefore I believe the Titoni World Time must be manufactured during the 1970's. This movement has a quick-set date but the day is set by repeating turning the minute hand. After having the engine checked and oiled.... I changed the crown and the stem. 
The rotating bezel is still in good condition with all the cities' name intact. The dial is in superb condition. Because I never know how the original bracelet is... I have to choose the best alternative bracelet available... I used a Mido stainless steel mesh like bracelet and changed the Mido buckle into Titoni buckle.  
To my knowledge the only other world Time Titoni has produced in its history is the 2005 Admiral Zheng He limited edition.  



 


Revised on 21-05-2014












No comments:

Post a Comment