Monday, September 29, 2014

Seiko Monaco 7016-5011 (Part 1)

Monaco, here I come....

The magnificent view at the harbor of Monte Carlo, Monaco, where the rich and famous parked their luxury yachts. A nice place for vacation, honeymoon or simply trying your luck.


Every year the Formula One ultima racing machines blazing through the street of Monte Carlo for few days....


I have here a Seiko 7016 chronograph, nicknamed the Monaco from the 1970's. This is due to its rectangular shape and slight resemblance to the Heuer chronograph with the same name.


Nope, the vintage Heuer Monaco is not my watch. I borrow that image from onthedash.com. Just for you to compare..... Ohhhh. for your information, the one shown below is called Steve McQueen edition. Yeah the same Steve McQueen of the Rolex Explorer II. 


I have had this watch for years. But accidentally misplaced it. Only recently I managed to find it, so the story of another restoration begins.


The only two visible problem is the dial and the glass. The movement is running smoothly with all the chronograph function healthily intact. 



Maybe the case need some polishing and some cosmetic makeup. 




I managed to source an original dial from Sophon_I ebay seller from Thailand. This set me back USD59.99.... OUCH......


The watch is now with my watchmaker..... Nothing much else for me to do, apart from waiting for him to fix and bill me... So stay tuned for the Part II of Seiko Monaco. 


2 comments: